Dr. Wade Marynowsky is an artist, academic and researcher working across digital media, including robotics, immersive and interactive performance and installation, music and video. He is a lecturer in Interaction Design, School of Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Technology Sydney.
His main body of research explores the notion of robotic performance agency by challenging traditional notions of classical spectatorship and performance. Through the use of humour and a host of unnerving thematics he addresses important issues relevant to our ever increasing computer-controlled society. Exhibiting nationally and internationally since 1998 Marynowsky's work has been presented in major festivals, biennales and survey exhibitions including:
● Fourteenth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction, Sydney.
● The International Triennial of New Media Art, National Art Museum of China, Beijing.
● The Beijing Media Arts Biennale, Central Academy of Fine Arts Museum, Beijing.
● The National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul, South Korea.
● The 2nd International Biennale of Contemporary Art, Poznan, Poland.
● The National Performing Arts Centre, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
● The International Symposium of Electronic Art, Sydney.
● European Media Arts Festival, Osnabruck, Germany.
● The Gallery of Modern Art, Queensland Art Gallery.
● The Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences, Sydney.
● Netherlands Media Art Institute, Amsterdam.
● Performance Space / Carriageworks, Sydney.
● The Museum of Contemporary Art Australia.
● Contemporary Art Tasmania / MONA FOMA.
● The National Gallery of Victoria.
● The 17th Biennale of Sydney.
● Artspace Sydney.